Google makes updates to its search algorithm constantly. There were over 3,200 changes in 2018, and 2019 looks to exceed this rate. Many of these changes are just minor tweaks. Some can dramatically change search engine rankings. 2019 saw Google change how it understands natural language search. This single update affected 1 in 10 search queries. Google also expanding use of featured snippets, summarizing website content and displaying it as part of the search results.
Search Engine Land recently published a comprehensive list of 2019's major changes.
How does Nehmedia recommend reacting to these changes? Don't chase algorithm changes! We follow Google's own recommendations for improving content rather using SEO tricks that might not survive the next update.
For pet resorts, these include:
- Updating content to respond to the web searcher's intent.
- Provide a substantial, complete or comprehensive description of the services provided.
- Update page titles to provide a descriptive, helpful summary of the content.
- Create pages you’d want to bookmark, share with a friend, or recommend.
- Design pages to display well for mobile devices when viewed on them.
- Deliver substantial value when compared to other pages in search results, including review sites as well as competitor pages.
Comprehensive, fresh, original content will always weather Google algorithm changes well. Nehmedia regularly reviews the search terms (both paid and organic) and search results across the pet resort industry. These terms tell us what types of content make the best pages for ranking in search. In 2020, the best solution for organic search results success is creating content answering these search questions